Friday, June 7, 2013

Motivation for Fitness

Photo



It's important to ourselves that we do well, but it's important to everyone that we do good.

Never forget the impact that good can have.

Strive for good. Always. Even if you’re not at a place in your life where you can do well, you can always do good.

Photo



vintagefoods: Summertime (di Olivia M. (olivemundi)) Three...



vintagefoods:

Summertime (di Olivia M. (olivemundi))

Three little peaches
Lined up in a row

drwannabe: Derek Duszynski



drwannabe:

Derek Duszynski

Photo



Okay: health update! (Warning, if needles freak you out: jog on and read it anyway. I suffered it, you read it, damn it!)

I have super human healing abilities. True story. I am about a week ahead of schedule for what is hoped and leaps and bounds ahead compared to almost anyone they’ve seen for something like this. I really am Wolverine. I also have to give my husband so much credit for my healing too. I have been able to rest, without having to work or do anything I don’t think I can because he is there for me. Rest and water. The elixirs of healing.

I also just got a 14 gauge needle plunged into me over and over and over again to break up bubbles. I think this might be what it’s like to get stabbed? Maybe? She came at me with the needle and I saw the size of it from a mile away. Olive green cover. 14 gauge. You can’t trick me, I know the color coding. It was about 9 inches long. (As a point of reference: most piercing places, for those who have been pierced, use a 12 gauge needle.)

For the first time in my life; I covered my eyes while getting a needle. I have NEVER done that before. Never. Not ever. I always watch. Morbid curiosity rules my life. I watched when she did the first 5 or 6 plunges into my abdomen, then I was done. I was good. I had definitely seen enough. She is a superb nurse who I trust to the ends of the earth so I don’t need to watch. Nope. No, I don’t. There was much stabbing. In lots of very sensitive places. Repeatedly. Lots and lots of stabbing. And whirling around. And breaking up areas that needed to be broken up.

Came home and took a hydrocodone tab. First time in a week. I think I need a nap. Yup. Nap. And maybe an amnesia pill. Than would be nice…

That is all… carry on with your lives.

Photo



Photo



zimrathon: tehfawx: mr-egbutt: whimmy-bam: themaraudingdetect...



zimrathon:

tehfawx:

mr-egbutt:

whimmy-bam:

themaraudingdetective:

grapefruitshampoo:

THIS IS THE MOST AMAZING AND BRILLIANT THING EVER

This is what happens when women write ad campaigns for other women *dies from the hotness*

image

Mildly jealous and slightly aroused? Okay, then we're all good.

See this is actually really helpful and informative but I need to take a minute because of all these beefcakes.

oh god excuse me I just

um

Best BC campaign ever. I can't even

A confession

We all know I am on the mend from some major surgery revolving around my lymphatic system being a jerk. And we also all know that I want nothing more than to get back to being fit and healthy and happy.

I have been advised to walk a few miles every day to help with the drainage of my lymphatic system. I nearly die from the simple act of walking. 1 mile and I thought I was going to keel over. I was sweating profusely. I was breathing like an obese chain smoker who just tried to run a flight of stairs.

I know you guys are supposed to come to me for help, but now I am going to you. I need help. Mentally. To deal with this. I know the rules about starting out slow, about how not to push too hard, too far, too fast. Being happy with small improvements.

Basically… I already know how not to hurt my fool self. I’ve got that down to a science. What I need, what I really need, is a way to mentally cope with the state I’m going to have to work from now. I finally got myself back from depression only to get thwacked with this major setback. 

What tools do you use to help you with these sorts of things? I can’t even do yoga. I can’t even touch my toes right now. I know things will go back to the way they were, eventually… but I definitely need a (secular) way to cope. And while knitting is great (really great) I think there are some other options too.

I’m open to suggestions. I love you guys for being there.

Weird Bonnie Fact: I own an English muffin splitter. Because...



Weird Bonnie Fact:

I own an English muffin splitter. Because knives are for English muffin rookies. Nooks and crannies all up in this bitch. Plus I like to buy them fresh from the bakery, or make them myself, all thick and awesome instead of the market bagged (usually Thomas' is all that's available) version. The bakery/homemade version is not pre-cut, and if you try to cut or tear a real English muffin, your gonna have a sad muffin.

This concludes today's WBF

oh, PS: if you want a great recipe to make your own: have at. DELICIOUS!!!!!

scitechfitness: Yes.



scitechfitness:

Yes.

Photo



Photo



muscle-nerd: Bruno Moraes



muscle-nerd:

Bruno Moraes

fieryremains replied to your post: Bonnie tips: I'm surprised it even held together! Usually...

I'm surprised it even held together! Usually you need some kind of glue, like egg.

Oh… it held together just fine. Juuuuuuust fine. Actually, just like cement and cardboard. 

Bonnie tips:

If anyone ever tells you that you can make protein pancakes from nothing but protein powder and water, you call them a LIAR.

No, wait.

First: punch them in the jaw, THEN call them a liar. Then berate them for ruining my breakfast. 

Thank goodness I already had coffee made to wash the HORRIBLE taste from my mouth after trying to eat it. I tossed it into the back woods, but I doubt even the raccoon’s will touch it.

::shovels scrambled egg and avocado into face to numb the pain while weeping quietly::

Nobody puts baby in the corner… but AIN’T NOBODY messin with Bonnie’s meal time. THIS IS SPARTA!!!!!!!!

she-likes-pretty-things: A snuggly kitteh in the morning is the...









she-likes-pretty-things:

A snuggly kitteh in the morning is the best thing ever. ^_^

Photo



No comments:

Post a Comment